ArtSoft USA is sponsoring a 3 day Mach workshop at the Cabin Fever Expo. This is a chance to get in depth technical information about Mach, meet Brian, Scott and other Mach users, and enjoy one of the best model engineering shows in the US.
The event is January 16, 17, 18, 2009 at York PA. Everyone registered for the seminar is also registered for the expo. You can visit the several hundred exhibitors, or the nearly 200 vendors of tools, machinery, books, kits, plans, etc.
On Friday a major auction will be running with hundreds of items, including machines, tools, all kinds of shop equipment and models. The seminar schedule has several breaks included so you can take advantage of both the expo and the seminar.
For details about Cabin Fever and the auction see http://cabinfeverexpo.com/
Seminars will start Friday at 9:00AM. the tentative agenda is as follows:
1) Mechanical Considerations. Stepper, servos, ballscrews, belts, pullies, etc
2) Electronics, BOBs, SS, Geckos, Power supplies, general wiring hints
3) Installing Mach and basic config, ports and pins, motor tuning, basic test and debug
4) General config, choosing the right answers.
5) Basic Mach operation, loading programs, running, operator control, CV
6) Wizard Operation
7) Operator interfaces- Shuttle Pro, Xkeys, Ipac, PoKeys, MPGs, pendants, etc.
Customizing screens and macros.
9) Other I/O options, modbus, PLCs, Brains, tool changers.
10) Plug-ins, using and writing.
11) Wrap up, feedback, next steps.
On Friday night there will be a social event at a nearby hotel, details to be arranged, but we are calling it 'pizza and beer time'
There will be a demo area for CNC machines, we will have at least a mini-mill with a tool changer, a lathe with a tool changer and a router. Other demos are welcome if any users want to bring along machines.
The Mach Workshop will require pre-registration and will be limited to 75 people. It will cost $50, including both the seminar and the Expo. You can find the registration form at http://www.machsupport.com/cabinfever.php
(Note: Please enter the City/State where you are from in the Comments field during checkout (for badges). If paying for multiple people, please list the individual names and their City/State in the Comments field also
Mark your calendar now and watch this topic for more details as they are developed.