Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:31:49 AM

Author Topic: F-Engrave.  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
F-Engrave.
« on: January 04, 2017, 02:14:23 AM »
F-Engrave has been mentioned before and it is an excellent FREE engraving software which also includes a V-Carving option.

The Scorch Works website now has an instructional video on using the V-Carve option to produce wood inlay work and it is well worth watching.

http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: F-Engrave.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
Thanks Tweakie !
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »
great program.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
I use nothing else right now to make up my g-code. Combining F-engrave, Paint and the features in Mach 3, you can do some very good looking projects. I have used Sketch-up but Paint is so much easier for the 2D drawings. I'm still looking for a free 2 1/2 or 3 D program to make casting patterns for small gas or steam engines, plus a myriad of other projects dancing in my brain. As long as I'm struggling with CAD drawings, I don't want to drop a lot of money on a program I'm not ready to use.

I wish there were some other features on F-engrave, like being able to use different fonts or type size in a single program. But, hey, it's free so I can cut and paste the code to make up what I want. I have to make sure to keep the original version because I usually mess it up a couple times.