Hello Guest it is October 21, 2019, 01:40:23 AM

Author Topic: Windows 10 and Mach4  (Read 3106 times)

Windows 10 and Mach4
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:03 AM »
I have noticed many people getting Mach4 working with Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to use the Darwin Plugin, but no matter what operating system I use, it will not install correctly.  Always stating the C++ 2008 drivers are out of date.  I have tried Windows 7 32 bit, 64 bit and now on Windows 10 Pro.  I am using Run as administrator on every installer I use and I always get the same error.  I really do not want to go back to Windows XP.  I am looking into the PMDX-411 USB to Parallel adapter, but not sure it would work with my controller.  Since the instructions for all of these products never mention operating systems, I am looking to the forum for help.

Thanks,

Daryl

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,952 7,952
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Windows 10 and Mach4
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:05 PM »
Mach4...

Software Requirements

Mach4 Recommended Requirements:

PREFERRED: 32 or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
An appropriate external motion controller
Mach4 Plugin for the selected Motion Controller
2Ghz CPU
1GB RAM
Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

*Use of Parallel Port for machine control only with desktop style computers with 32-bit versions of windows 7 and below.

32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Recommended Requirements
32-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Mach4 Parallel Port Legacy Plugin (cost applicable)
2Ghz CPU
1GB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

For Win10 I suggest you check out the PMDX motion controller and also the Warp9, Smooth Stepper motion controller.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Re: Windows 10 and Mach4
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 01:52:19 PM »
A more detailed set of recommendations for computers to support Mach4 can be found
at the bottom of this web page:

http://www.pmdx.com/Mach4Hobby

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.