Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2017, 12:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  Mach4 General Discussion
| | |-+  Mach4 Recomend me a Breakout Borad for Warp9 ESS
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mach4 Recomend me a Breakout Borad for Warp9 ESS  (Read 1789 times)
candino

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »

Hello  ,

Please help me to get a right decision,

I had planned to use a Mach 3 with PMDX -126 and Warp9 ESS for 4x8 CnC Wooden Machine with ATC automatic tool changer , Mach support advise me to use Mach 4 ( I had already chosen this PMDX -126 but this product is not supported Mach 4)

Now the biggest questions is what type of Breakout Board to choose , to be compatible for Mach 4 and Warp9 ESS (probably with already made it plug in support )

Please advise me what manufacturer /model /version to choose and solve my problem .

Thank you in advance to all responders

Steve Stallings
Mach4 Alpha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

If you plan to use Mach4, you can use the PMDX-411 to control the PMDX-126.
The PMDX-411 is a USB device and is very simple to use.

You can also get a bundle discount worth $10 by purchasing the Mach4 software
along with the PMDX-411.

The PMDX-126 can also be used with the ESS and Mach4 if desired.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.
candino

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »

Woow ,
Thanks for the fast answer , like i said , i like PMDX 126 ( a lot of out/input , power supply )( i got proform quote already in my mail ) ( i decide to ask what Mach Soft what is better software  for me )
but i was not sure whether or not i can use this two item to mach to ArtSoft Mach 4 - and definitely i will buy this bundle .Now you told me that this is possible !!

If i use the Ethernet Cable connected to ESS i do not find any reason to use this PMDX-411 ( is that is correct or ?)

Please tell me more.. How actually i can use this PMDX 126 with MACH 4 - (PMDX 126 is not any plug-in for Mach 4 and for Mach 3 is available ) ( is that any complicated problem about the standard installation )+

Thanks

Steve Stallings
Mach4 Alpha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »

The PMDX-411 is used to convert the USB connection from the computer running Mach4
into a parallel port interface that the PMDX-126 understands. This is the same way that
the ESS works with the PMDX-126 except that the PMDX-411 is USB and the ESS is
Ethernet.

If you want to use the ESS, then the PMDX-411 is not used.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.
candino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:55 PM »

Thanks ,
Let say ,  i will buy PMDX 126 (PMDX-107 spindle speed control) - ESS Warp9td and without any plug-in for Mach 4 .

I will connect PMDX 126 for all step engine STEP/DIR and all should work without any problem i guess. ( can i get some manual about connections PMDX 126 and Mach 4 )

Thanks again
Steve Stallings
Mach4 Alpha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »

.... without any plug-in for Mach4?Huh?

The ESS comes with its own plugin, as does the PMDX-411. A plug-in is the
software driver needed to run the ESS or PMDX-411 under Mach4.

The manual for the PMDX-126 is here:

http://www.pmdx.com/Doc/PMDX-126_Manual_19.pdf

Connection configurations are done in the software. See the manuals for Mach4
and for the ESS.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Contract_Pilot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »

PMDX-126 all the way! Steve has awesome support!

Only thing i wish the 126 manual would have is sample wiring block diagrams as he does in the 122 manual on pages 6 & 7 for us guys that get confused in the textual discrimination so many connection combinations especially if doing 4 5 or 6 axis. Would cut down on head scratching and manual page flipping.

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: