Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:41:52 AM

Author Topic: newbie needs some advice please.  (Read 5851 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: newbie needs some advice please.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »
Do you have a value entered in your home off distance dros in homeing and limits?  If not, do you have a work coords that is being called like G54?  post your xml and code and I'll have a look.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
Hi. Brett. The Home /Soft limits page is set like this. X soft max 600.00 min 0.00 slow 1.00 home 0.0000 home neg ticked. Home neg is not ticked for all others but Auto is ticked for all. Other settings are the same as X accept for soft min Y -900.00 and Z -.70.00 . this is the way the Chinese said to set it. On the main screen when loaded X reads -2.5500 Y reads -3.4420 and Z reads +0.0000. Top R/hand of screen.....Mill G15 G80 G7 G40 G21 G90 G94 G54 G49 G99 G64 G97. Don't know what you mean re. XML and Code. Only very basic computer savvy. I can put co-ordinates in the machine and it follows them faithfully. eg. Set the counters at Zero. Type is say X +10 Y +10 Z +10 and hit enter. It goes there. But here is the thing that is frustrating me. i downloaded a trial of vectrics Photo Carve. It has about 4 pictures for you to carve. It is so easy even I can do it. Sooooo I get the G code into Mach 3. and here is the weird thing. My machines gantry has about a 700mm travel.The baby photo demo carving is 6.0 X 5.7994 Inches. The image is visible in the R/hand co-ordinates screen right in the middle. With my spindle fully left as far as it will go. Set all to zero and manually go right to the L/hand edge of the babys face. The X axis reads +22.2320 and the spindle is already half way across. Now move it into the image as far right as the spindle will travel and it has gone about a quarter of the way across the babys head and reads +44.2895. I measured the distance of travel of the spindle from the edge of the face to the Quarter of the face and it was 10.5 inches which means that the head would be about 40 inches wide at that rate. This is happening with just about everything I try to load. Although I have been able to cut the roadrunner sample and the Circle in the Gcode files in Mach 3. The circle I found I could move to a convenient location by changing the co=ords in the file. You can maybe see why this is driving me nuts Brett.  :'(
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 04:41:15 PM »
Hi. All. Belay that last post. I discovered what the problem was. Not enough knowledge on my part and the Chinese strike again! When installing the file to the computer, even though I followed their instructions to the letter, Mach 3 opens wiith some settings incorrect. I discovered in the Alt 6 page that the X co=ord had a stupidly high value. Y and Z were zero, so I changed X to zero and guess what ? It all came together and the above problem magically disappeared. I can finally cut something. Hopefully as I learn more things will get easier. For anyone interested the machine I bought seems to run very well indeed and appears to be solidly constructed. If your considering a Shark you should look at this one .Half the price of a Shark here in Australia and meatier build with a proper spindle. Regards to all......Ronnie

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
 :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!