Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:10:24 AM

Author Topic: NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01  (Read 52375 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01
« on: April 04, 2012, 03:30:33 AM »
We present an official PoKeys Mach3 plugin by PoLabs. The main trigger for this plugin is the new capability of the PoKeys56U and PoKeys56E devices - Pulse engine - that can be used as an external 3-axis motion controller with Mach3. This means that there is no more need for LPT port to drive small CNC machines.
However, the plugin support all the basic mapping options as listed below.

PoKeys Mach3 plugin existing functionality
-  Support for PoKeys55, PoKeys56U and PoKeys56E devices
-  Mapping of PoKeys digital inputs to Mach3 OEM LEDs and OEM buttons
-  Mapping of Mach3 OEM LEDs to PoKeys digital outputs
-  Mapping of PoKeys encoders to Mach3 DROs
-  Support for matrix keyboard
-  Support for kbd48CNC keyboard on I2C address 1
-  Usage  of  PoKeys  Pulse  engine  (available  on  PoKeys56U  and  Pokeys56E  devices)  as  external motion controller for Mach3 – 3 axes, each up to 25 kHz step frequency

Pulse engine option must be activated before the first use. During the testing period, we will offer two free activation codes per PoKeys56 owner. Those who are interested, please send the serial number of your PoKeys56 device to support@poscope.com.

Plugin is available at http://www.poscope.com/news/?n=8. Also, before using the plugin, please download and install the latest PoKeys software update from www.poscope.com.

Matevž, PoLabs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:49:52 PM by NeoTO »
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:08:13 AM »
Dont have the pokeys here so cant really look at the plugin, will do tonight but in the mean time does this plugin support the high speed encoder inputs that I had previously tested with Brian?
Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »
Dont have the pokeys here so cant really look at the plugin, will do tonight but in the mean time does this plugin support the high speed encoder inputs that I had previously tested with Brian?
Hood

Yes, this plugin does support Fast encoders (for 3 encoders). In the next release, it will support Ultra fast encoders also (it can already be enabled at the moment manually via xml settings file).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »
Ok thanks, not had a chance to set things up tonight but will try it out as soon as I can.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »
I  am not abble to test it with the pokey-soft. There comes no output outside.I always get a STATE 101 ???
What is my Error ??

Offline txpto

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
Is posible control step/dir for 3 axis with this board ?
Similar that smoothstepper but with this board and mach3 plugin.
Thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 09:24:26 AM »
I  am not able to test it with the pokey-soft. There comes no output outside.I always get a STATE 101 ???
What is my Error ??

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »
I missed the fact that the Pulse engine manual was not yet available. I am attaching it here now and will include all the information in the next plugin manual release.
Anyway, you have to connect pin 52 to the emergency switch (NC switch). Also, don't forget to include the additional 470 Ohm resistors on the pins 48 and 49.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:55:43 AM by NeoTO »

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »
Is posible control step/dir for 3 axis with this board ?
Similar that smoothstepper but with this board and mach3 plugin.
Thanks

Yes. The PoKeys Pulse engine drives the step/dir signals as calculated by Mach3.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 12:03:44 PM »
Hood

Yes, this plugin does support Fast encoders (for 3 encoders). In the next release, it will support Ultra fast encoders also (it can already be enabled at the moment manually via xml settings file).

Update to this one: Ultra fast encoder can be already enabled in current plugin. It is encoder 26 and you have to just check the 'Enable' box in the list. However, i will add a checkbox at the bottom of the window for better overview.