Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:17:57 PM

Author Topic: Impact Engraving.  (Read 25958 times)

Re: Impact Engraving.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »
Thank you for the quick answer

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:42 AM »
My pleasure sir.

Please let us know how you get on and what, if any, problems you encounter.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
Another forum member, PicEngraver, has asked me to test a beta version of his new softwere ‘PicLaser’ and I have posted a couple of pictures of laser created images and a brief description of the operation of the software in the laser thread. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12444.msg154465.html#msg154465

Exactly the same GCode that is used with the laser can also be used with an electromagnet (a big thank you to Andrea for the magnets) and this was impact printed into some opal Plexiglas and then filled with Rub’n’Buff. The results when back illuminated can be quite stunning and this is an example of a test piece.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 09:25:34 AM »
Looks very good, Tweakie. Unfortunately never got around to finishing my impact head. But I am still planning to revisit it and pictures like this really give a push ;)

Dan
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »
Ok Tweakie, when are you going to start "Tweakie's CNC Tattoo Parlor"?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
Thanks guys.

As soon as our friend writes "PicTattoo" the Parlor will be up and running.  ;D ;D

tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
Tweakie,

I'll program it if you'll do all the Beta testing.  Hmmm, I wonder if disappearing ink will work for debugging? ;D

John Champlain
www.picengrave.net
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:52 AM »
This was created in acrylic from GCode produced with 'DotG' using an impact magnet.
Is the 'Impact Magnet' you are referring to, an "Electric Engraver" tool? (The brand I have is a Wis, made in China).
The length of stroke is so small on this tool, that it appears to just vibrate. Regardless of the various stroke settings' position. I tried to mount it on my machine to engrave some acrylic. Turned into a 3 day project, just trying to get a successful design implemented on the tool holder. However, even using the surface of a freshly planed piece of oak stock, as the mounting surface for the plexiglass, the results were inconsistent. The tool would plunge so deeply into the plexiglass, that it could not complete it's strokes in some areas, while in other areas the tool tip would not even contact the surface!
 I have already proven The acuracy of my machine's table, by doing engravings using the router tool into solid oak, which involves multiple passes to achieve the desired depth of cut with good results. So the inconsistencies I am experiencing with the Engraver tool MUST BE in the Engraver tool itself. What is the brand name, or supplier info of the 'Impact Magnet' tool you are using?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 11:27:50 AM »
The magnet Andrea and I are using together with more details of the process are shown in this thread http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16446.msg111240.html#msg111240

Tweakie.
PEACE