Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:43:55 AM

Author Topic: USB TO PARALLEL  (Read 60967 times)

USB TO PARALLEL
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:19 AM »
I need to get a couple of usb-to-parallel interfaces that are known to work with Mach3. I have tried to contact www.purelogic.ru with no success. Does anyone know how I solve this problem??? :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: USB TO PARALLEL
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
USB to parallel will NOT work. It must be a true LPT port. Either onboard, PCI card or PCMCIA .

Hope that helps, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:20:17 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:38:07 AM »
I am aware that the PC requires running under a setup whereby it cannot be interrupted by the usual plethora of TSRs etc.....this does not explain the fact that MACH3 site shows this interface, and youtube shows it apparently running just fine. Either purelogic and youtube are lying/ misrepresenting...in which case those nice Mach3 people should stop supporting such iffy hardware and remove it from their site.....or the interface does indeed work. If it does work...I want one (actually at least two). What I seek is an authoritative categorical statement....not just received wisdom. I too won't believe it til I see one work reliably. Bottom line is that I, and others, will be forced to leave Mach3 over time because SPP is de facto obsolete.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »
Coastel,

First, welcome to the forum  ;)

Possibly you're seeing a motion controller such as "SmoothStepper" or "KFlop"? Those are not a USB to parallel port converters, they're actually an independent motion controller and take the processing duties that are normally run by the computer.

Please post the images, links, or videos that you're describing, and someone here will be sure to help you with that.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
Guys - I think what this is about is on the downloads/plugins page towards the bottom "PLCM Series Devices" PureLogic.

COASTEL - I think maybe you're not aware that the folks here on the forum are NOT Artsoft employees. If you're getting no reply from a THIRD PARTY company I'm not sure we can help you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:27:19 PM by stirling »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
MY, Goodness what have we here?? , Another "know all" that knows nothing at all and expects all things from everybody except himself.

Good luck with your adventure, YOU will need it.

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »
I'm trying to buy this too.

http://www.purelogic.ru/
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 10:58:36 AM »
Hello to all from Purelogic RnD Russia!

Glad to see that our products already has some requests.
Sorry that we do not has English version of the website - it is coming soon.
I hope that you will like our products.
Fell free to ask any questions and contact us via email info@purelogic.ru

BR
Purelogic RnD team
BR,
Purelogic RnD team

andrewm

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:52 PM »
Bottom line is that I, and others, will be forced to leave Mach3 over time because SPP is de facto obsolete.
Ok goodbye :)

Bottom line is PP has been obsolete(but very much still usable) for awhile, however, many people(including myself) use External Motion Controllers to run machines nowadays. The Smooth Stepper and Kflop being amongst them. They are outstanding products that only get improved as time goes by, you should look into them.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
Actually the question about it working or not deserves an answer. Surely the question as stated is in poor taste, but lets move above the written word.
I don't remember seeing anything ever posted about the devices and never even noticed the info in the downloads section.

Does any one know anything about it?

RICH