Mach Discussion > General Mach Discussion

Spindle RPM lock error while threading

(1/5) > >>

axion68:
I am setting up a new machine and am stuck on threading using the thread wizard.  I can disable spindle feedback and it runs the code just fine.  If I enable spindle feedback it gets to the point of locking spindle rpm and stalls with a non-numerical number locked(see attached screenshot).  I am picking up a index pulse and mach 3 sees rpm.  Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks
Jacob

Hood:
The diagnostics should not be used now, it was meant for earlier versions whilst Art was trying to figure out where problem were. Disable the plugin and see if it works.
The things you need for threading are
Use Index input(Not Timing)
Take the tick out of disable Spindle relays, even if your spindle is totally manually controlled
Use spindle feedback in sync mode
Have Index debounce low, I always have 0 but some need a small amount
Make sure your spindle pulley setup is correct  if controlling from Mach as you need the spindle speed set to Max there for the gear you are using (if any)
Call the spindle from Code, MDI   by using a M3 or M4

Hood

axion68:
Ok, I have disabled the diagnostics with no success.  I do have an index input (oops, timing is stuck in my head from ignitions), mach 3 has full spindle control and I am in sync mode.  My debounce interval is set at 120 and index debounce is set at 75.  I have tried setting the debounce values from 0-200 with no luck.  I am calling the spindle speed from MDI before I run the code.  Anything else I should check or try?

Thanks again!
Jacob

Hood:
Can you attach your xml please and I will see if I can find a problem.
Hood

axion68:
XML attached.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version