Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 12:50:54 PM

Author Topic: Picture of Spindle sensor for the guys on the Yahoo group  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Picture of Spindle sensor for the guys on the Yahoo group
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
I have seen requests from a few guys on the Yahoo group wanting to see pics of how a spindle speed sensor can be fitted to a Bridgeport with a QC spindle nose and decided to post here and link them to iit.
Here are a couple of pics of how I did it. I made the delrin part that holds the slotted wheel to fit into the top of the spindle then bored it and slotted so a bolt can pass through, I hexed the  inside end, at the bottom,  slightly smaller than the size of the nut then as  I tightened the bolt the nut was pulled into the shaft and the delrin  expanded slightly and gripped solidly inside the spindle.

Hood
Re: Picture of Spindle sensor for the guys on the Yahoo group
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Hood, I've been following the yahoo posts regarding this feature.  I also added proximity sensor to the top of my QC spindle  on a series 1 BP mill and it works great.
Here is a question thou.  I'm using VFD through Modbus and have pulley #1 set up for 500 - 5200 rpm with varispeed setting sitting at 3300rpm.  This works great.  The issue is when I switch to LO gear spindle pulley #2 (50-499rpm) the index becomes 1/9th of actual index.  Mach just drives the motor at rpm of pulley 2 and uses "ratio" to display new rpm.
How do I set up Mach to drive motor 0 to 100% in LO gear instead of 0 to 10% ?
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of Spindle sensor for the guys on the Yahoo group
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
Afraid I dont know about modbus control but I suspect you will have to use your M3 macro to set it accordingly.
Hood