Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:44:56 PM

Author Topic: Hitachi X200  (Read 128564 times)

Hitachi X200
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:18:02 PM »
Has anyone setup a Hitachi X200 for modbus control.  If so any chance of posting the setup?
Re: Hitachi X200
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
Hi,

I'm going to take this task on, and have a go at interfacing to it on the weekend. I'm hoping it will be relatively straight forward. (famous last words)

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48:03 AM »
Thanks, I look forward to your results  :)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:24:29 PM »
I know that Peter said he was going to attempt to tackle this, but I figure I should also at least try to figure it out.

So far I have figured out how to make it run and change speeds on the modbus test screen, but that is as far as I have gotten.  Seems I am not as smart as I previously believed ???

I have 31 coils of which as far as I can tell only 2 are important.  Coil 1 is the toggle for Stop/Run coil 2 is for FWD/REV (which I don't really care if I get under Mach control)
Register 2 is for setting the HZ

So I have that handy info, but I have no idea really what to do with it  :(

What do I put here:

Then once that is done I still have to play with the spindle settings I would imagine.  It is a real shame that the modbus video covers the old interface not this one.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
Hi,

OK, I haven't done it yet. but this is how to go about it.

I'm using Appendix B of the manual Modbus Network Communications

First of all you need to set the OPE/485 switch S7  on the VFD to  the 485 position. THis tells the VFD that you are controlling it by Modbus

Once you have done that, you need to test that the com port and RS485 is working correctly. To do that, go into the "Test Modbus" page. You get there from the button on the top right hand corner of the Modbus config page.

Set up the port and press the Open port button. If that works, then you can try and read some data. I'd suggest you try and read the inverter status register, register 03

So, set up the data as shown in the picture. Then press read. hopefully, you will see some data in the list on the right and the status will show no error.

The slider bar, can be moved to the right to have the data continuously read.

If you get an error displayed you will need to sort that out before going further.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Peter

Homann Designs
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »
Peter,

I set it up as you said and it worked well for the most part.  I say for the most part because some CRC errors did appear.

I can also start and stop the motor, and set the inverter frequency from the test screen.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
Ok, good.

I'd also try communicating at 19200.

What you now need to do is set up a number of modbus comms configurations.

setup a cfg say #1,  to write two coils starting at address 0001h

This will allow you to start and stop the spindle in both forward and reverse

setup another cfg, say #2 to write the holding register 0002H
This will allow you to set the inverter frequency.

Once these are setup, Mach will be continuously writing these coils and holding registers to the VFD.

Now you need to set the values. For that you need to write a brain. In the brain you will take the set spindle speed DRO put it through a formula and then write the value to the Modbus cfg#2 data buffer.  
The formula will scale the speed so that it will send 4000 to the VFD when your maximum spindle speed is asked for. If your max spindle speed was say, 24,000 rpm the formula would be;  

V = Set Spindle speed DRO /(max spindle speed/4000)
V = Set Spindle speed DRO /6

As Mach3 is sending this buffer to the VFD, it will receive the Frequency value.

You then need to write the Spindle ON LED  and the Spindle Direction LED to CFG#1

That should do it. :)

You should look at the video tutorials on brains and serial Plugin Modbus.

Cheers,

Peter.

Homann Designs
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »
Thanks I will give it a try in the morning.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 11:38:11 PM »
Hi,

I just uploaded a presentation I did recently at the CNC BBQ in Adelaide. It may provide an overview on interfacing Mach3 to Modbus devices via brains.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16347.html

Cheers,

Peter.
Homann Designs
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
Okay, I have gotten the spindle run Brain working correctly, but I must be missing something for the speed setting.

I cant for the life of me find the set speed dro, is it an OEM dro or is it one I need to create?