Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:47:57 PM

Author Topic: BUG? M01 and Toolchange doesn't stop. Sometimes.  (Read 7734 times)

BUG? M01 and Toolchange doesn't stop. Sometimes.
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »
Very occasionally, I boot MACH3, load a program which has worked perfectly umpteen times before, yet MACH3 decides to ignore all M01 and Txx.   Very bad.  Drill through the table kind of bad, cuz the wrong tool/jig/humanoperator is installed.

Yes, GeneralConfig has the proper checkmarks at "Stop at all toolchanges" and "M01 optional stop".

Seems others may have had the same problem:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11199.0.html

Any ideas?   ???
Re: BUG? M01 and Toolchange doesn't stop. Sometimes.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
Hey FB,
  Do you have M06 in your code....or just M01 ?
"Stop Spindle. Wait for Cycle Start" might only respond to M06, not M01.

If you only have M01 in your code, is it possible that it got toggled OFF inadvertently with the on-screen button ?
If so, it would have been persistant at the next start-up.

Just diggin' round,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:57:53 PM »
I just use the Ignore Toolchange option on the Bridgeport mill and it has always stopped on a M1, maybe worth a try for you if you do not have any toolchange macro.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
An empty M6 in the code seem like a safer way to go as "Stop Spindle. Wait for Cycle Start" checked cant be altered except for  gen config.

The  M1 can be inadvertantly toggled on screen. Std. screen that is...bet Hood's doesn't have it.
Could remove it easily enough though, if it actuall is the problem.
Russ
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »
Ok, I found the Button on the main screen which overrides the "ignore M01" in the GeneralConfig.  And deleted it from the .set file with screen4.exe.  It seems like a rather dangerous and not-too-useful button to have.

Unfortunately, I don't know if it was inadvertently clicked, and the cause of my problem.   Anyhoo, now M01 stops OK.

However, it doesn't stop on a toolchange gcode command: ie.

T98

for tool #98.  In fact, the Tool number displaybox on Mach's main screen always stays at zero.  GeneralConfig has ToolChanges set to "stop and wait", as well as another dangerous button on the "Settings" (Alt-6) page is not enabled.   Any ideas?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:10:03 PM »
bet Hood's doesn't have it.

How much you betting Russ ;) Not only is it on the screen but also on my button panel

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
It seems like a rather dangerous and not-too-useful button to have.

It is a very handy button to have as you can have M1's in your code and run through the code the first time stopping at certain points where you have the M1 in, once you have proven the code you can press the Opt Stop to Off and your code will run through without stopping.
I use it a lot on the lathe especially when cutting threads, I will have a M1 after the thread is cut  and I will measure the thread, if its correct I will press Start and it will continue, if its not then I edit the code and do a run from here to rerun the thread. Once the thread is correct dimensionally I will disable Opt Stop and run the code again on the next part in the knowledge that the thread will be correct :)

Unfortunately, I don't know if it was inadvertently clicked, and the cause of my problem.   Anyhoo, now M01 stops OK.

However, it doesn't stop on a toolchange gcode command: ie.

T98

for tool #98.  In fact, the Tool number displaybox on Mach's main screen always stays at zero.  GeneralConfig has ToolChanges set to "stop and wait", as well as another dangerous button on the "Settings" (Alt-6) page is not enabled.   Any ideas?

If you are calling a tool by only T** then it will never stop as you have missed out the M6 ;)

Hood
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:33:11 PM »
How much you betting Russ  Not only is it on the screen but also on my button panel

Reason I said that, was pretty sure you used touch screens and if touched on the stock screen, your chubby little nose picker would probably hit several buttons......like mine might. :) (see finger print below)
Beautiful on that custom screen though, plenty of room for those stumps. :D
Russ :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
How much you betting Russ  Not only is it on the screen but also on my button panel

Reason I said that, was pretty sure you used touch screens and if touched on the stock screen, your chubby little nose picker would probably hit several buttons......like mine might. :) (see finger print below)
Beautiful on that custom screen though, plenty of room for those stumps. :D
Russ :)

;D
To be honest I never actually use the screen button, I always use the panel. The reason I have it on the screen is it is a visual thing to let me know whether its on or off and I suppose also if the real button ever decides to break I can still operate via the screen until I can afford the price of a new EAO switch ;D

Hood